The member will learn how to establish baseline performance using process capability and sigma level
- Imagine, you own an online retail company…that promises delivery within three to four hours.…And average delivery time reported…for this month is 23 hours.…This is a second month that it is 23 hours.…And everyone in the company is celebrating,…because 23 is less than a 24-hour maximum.…But wait.…Why are there still so many complaints…regarding late deliveries?…Hmmm.…In this movie, I will discuss how to measure performance…in terms of process capability and Sigma level.…
What is process capability?…Process capability refers to how capable…or how well the process performs…against it’s target requirements or specifications.…Most of us have driven into garages…with height restrictions,…where there is a horizontal bar that hangs at the entrance.…Cars drive right in without slowing down,…because cars are not tall and are very capable…of meeting the maximum height allowed.…But big trucks or SUVs always slow down at that entrance,…just to make sure they don’t hit that bar,…because many are not capable…of meeting the maximum height restriction.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.