Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Prioritize user stories in VersionOne, part of Agile Project Management: Comparing Agile Tools.
- [Instructor] So now we were able to import…our user stories using Art template from VersionOne…in Microsoft Excel.…And if you think about it, that makes a whole lot of sense.…A lot of teams that start out with VersionOne…have already begun they're agile journey,…they've already tried to convert some of their projects…over to a more agile mindset.…So chances are they'll have a product backlog…sitting around somewhere in Microsoft Excel.…And now you're also able to create VersionOne user stories…Inline, there's a place in the product backlog…we can enter them one at a time.…
But a lot of customers prefer to use this import feature…because Microsoft Excel is a little bit more portable,…you usually have it an all the computers,…and a lot of the user stories are very collaborative,…so you can just kind of open it up in a meeting…and create a whole bunch of them very quickly.…So now what we're going to do is we're going to look…at the fruits of our labor, we're going to check…our product backlog to see the user stories…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Remembering agile values
- Evaluating different agile tools, including cloud-based options
- Creating a backlog with Excel
- Setting up sprints in JIRA
- Portfolio planning in VersionOne
- Creating tasks in Microsoft's Team Foundation Server
- Running reports with CA Agile Central
- Checking team analytics in CA Agile Central
- Deciding which tool fits your team
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Evaluating Different Tools
2. Microsoft Excel
3. Atlassian: JIRA
5. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
6. CA Agile Central (formerly Rally)
Log into AgilityHealth1m 27s
8. Deciding What to Use
Identify a few tools3m 13s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.