Ensuring that you're getting the necessary resources is an important part of enabling customer service to produce the value it can and should produce. This video defines what a budget really is, and helps you learn the secrets to securing the resources you need to meet the needs of customers and further your organization's mission.
- Ensuring that you're getting the necessary resources…is an important part of enabling customer service…to produce the value it can and should.…Here, we'll define what a budget really is…and identify seven principles,…and let's call them secrets…because many don't tap into them,…seven secrets to getting the best results…in the budgeting process.…A budget is simply a summary of proposed or agreed-upon…expenditures for a given period of time,…for specified purposes.…Now that sounds tame enough, right?…But the process of putting together a budget…is seen by many as tedious, time consuming…and some say even distracting from more important…leadership responsibilities.…
Don't forget, however, the outcome of this…much-maligned process is the funding you'll have…to accomplish he mission and potential of customer service.…And that leads to the first principle,…view the budget as an opportunity.…Those who picture rows and columns of figures…when they think budget, kind of miss the point.…It's really a communication and a process…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why leadership is important
- Understanding customer expectations
- Establishing KPIs
- Developing a service strategy
- Improving the service process
- Leveraging technology
- Budgeting secrets
- Traits of effective leaders