- View Offline
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is scope creep?
- Why does scope change?
- Factoring in organizational maturity
- Setting scope and requirements
- Building a budget
- Resetting unrealistic expectations
- Resolving communication issues with stakeholders<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Terry Wagner and welcome to Preventing Scope Creep. In this course, we'll cover the basic characteristics of project scope creep, how project and organizational maturity can help prevent scope creep, and how to to address scope creep when it does occur on one of your projects. We'll start by examining what scope creep is, and why scope tends to change during a project. Then we'll review project management maturity, and help point you to some resources to help you figure out your organization's maturity level.
Next, I'll describe the characteristics that help prevent scope creep, which tend to be commonplace in organizations with mid-level maturity and above. We'll then explore techniques for addressing scope creep when it does occur on projects you've inherited, or in organizations lower on the maturity scale. Along the way, I'll provide you with many hints and tips to detect potential trouble with the scope of your project so you can be proactive in setting the right project environment from the beginning. I'll also talk about tools and techniques to help you get a handle on things when the scope is already out of control.
So let's get started with Preventing Scope Creep.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.