Your recommendations need to be presented in a clear, concise, compelling way. No matter how great your recommendation is, if you can't convey it in a way that influences the client to take action, the entire engagement has been a waste of time. Get the right people in the room. Present the right information. Leave behind work that can be understood and used for implementation.
- Recommendations need to be presented…in a clear, concise, and compelling way.…No matter how great your recommendation is,…if you can't convey it in a way…that gets the client to take action,…the engagement has been a waste of time.…I've outlined a common approach used…by many major consulting firms…in my course on getting your ideas approved.…This approach is good…for management consulting types of engagements,…but it can be applied more broadly…to other consulting engagements as well.…
You'll need to think about three things…when sharing your recommendation.…First, select the right format.…When presenting your findings and recommendations,…ask the client what form they want the recommendation in.…Some will want a presentation.…Others will want a memo.…Other deliverables could be a model,…a portfolio of work, a website, or a formal report.…Different industries have different expectations.…Be sure you know what those expectations are…going into the engagement.…
This is definitely something to spell out…in your contract and in the statement of work.…
- Working as a consultant
- Generating revenue as a consultant
- Cost structures, pricing, finances, and taxes
- Marketing and selling consulting services
- Negotiating and contracting
- Working with clients
- Presenting findings to clients
- Implementing recommendations
- Managing legal issues
- Insuring a business
- Getting licensed and certified
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.