Join Cindy Mayer for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing your interview team, part of Hiring Your Team.
Once your interview team is selected, it's up to you as the hiring manager, to …set the stage for a successful interview. To me, a successful interview is one that …creates a fair and positive experience for each applicant, is executed …consistently, and flawlessly. And, in the end, yields the information …you need to make the best selection for the role. …Let's look at the things you can do to ensure a successful interview process.…
First, schedule time with the interview team to explain the requirements of the …role, and the desired profile. This will help ensure that each …interviewer, has a good understanding of what they are accessing. …Its also the hiring managers responsibility to provide each …interviewer with a copy of the job description and the resume, at least 48 …hours before the interview is conducted. Providing this information early, allows …the interviewer time to review the documents and ask any questions before …the interview occurs. We all know how busy our days get, so I …
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing your needs
- Screening resumes
- Choosing your interview setting
- Understanding the types of interview questions
- Following legal guidelines
- Understanding interview bias
- Conducting an effective interview
- Dealing with interview challenges
- Conducting background checks
- Determining the offer package
- Writing a compelling offer letter<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.