Join Cheryl Ladd for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing the market research report, part of Marketing Research Fundamentals.
- In theater, when the curtain goes up…the audience watches as a play unfolds, telling a story.…The audience is unaware of all the work that transpired…behind the curtain leading up to this one show.…Their experience and their review will be based…only on what they see when the curtain goes up.…In market research, the report is much like…what happens when the curtain goes up.…Many people who read the report will have had…no involvement with what went on backstage.…
The entire market research project will be evaluated…on the basis of how well a report tells the story.…In fact, research indicates that the report…is one of the five most important elements…affecting whether or not the results…of the research actually get used.…So let's look at the elements…of a good market-research report.…First, know the audience.…Who is going to be reading the report?…What were their assumptions going into the project?…What do they know about the project?…The answers to these questions will frame the report.…
For example, if the results contradict…
The course also explores how marketing research evolves throughout a product lifecycle and identifies possible stumbling blocks and ethical considerations when performing market research.
- Understanding market search
- Determining the research approach
- Understanding the types of research: qualitative to quantitative
- Developing questions
- Collecting data
- Analyzing data
- Preparing reports
- Identifying potential issues in marketing research