Consider the details of room scheduling, AV orders, invitations, sign-up sheets, and confirmations as you are preparing for your workshop.
- The success of every workshop relies on some…very important tactical aspects, make sure you…and the group have everything you need…to accomplish your goals.…In the exercise files I've included the checklist…I use to make sure everything is ready.…Let's walk through the categories.…First is scheduling.…You need to pick days and times to offer your workshop.…Make sure you consider not only your schedule…but that of your participants.…Obviously you'll want to avoid major holidays,…as well as times when people typically take their vacations…but also think about your specific audience…and what they might need,…for example the last week of the month is always bad…for folks in sales,…and teachers are usually busy right before school starts.…
Second, you need a place to host it.…Whether that's a physical space like a conference room…or an online platform, you need to reserve the space…allowing additional time for setup and break down.…Also consider what amenities the space offers.…I like rooms with movable tables and chairs…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Facilitating adult learners
- Best practices in workshop design
- Understanding your participants
- Designing the right activities
- Preparing the logistics
- Facilitating the workshop
- Keeping things on track
- Increasing participation and collaboration
- Solving unexpected problems
- Dealing with challenging dynamics
- Creating closure