Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing brief training, part of Leading Productive Meetings.
- For meetings that occur on a weekly…or less frequent basis, it's helpful to offer some…form of training to your attendees.…A brief training moment in weekly meetings helps…everyone get on the same page and develop their skills.…If you're the meeting leader you may not necessarily…be the one that delivers the training each time.…In fact, it's probably best to allow others…a turn to teach from time to time.…If someone else is teaching,…have them watch this video to help prepare.…
Now, it's not realistic to teach you everything…about preparing training in just a few minutes.…So I'm going to give you single biggest shortcut that…I've learned in preparing presentations of all kinds.…Take a piece of paper and draw a line down the middle,…then at the top left-hand side write the word what,…and at the top right-hand side write the word how.…Preparing training is simply a matter of balance between…what; the skill or system that you're teaching,…and how; the method that you use to teach it to people.…
If you have too much what meaning your covering…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
- Plan how to use technology successfully in your meetings.
- Determine how to select and support a meeting leader.
- Prepare what you need to make meaningful commitments in a meeting.
- Identify successful ways to initiate a meeting.
- Propose challenging ideas while promoting and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Delegate and coordinate work successfully.
- Follow up consistently to create a workplace culture of accountability.