Join Britt Andreatta for an in-depth discussion in this video Practicing sustainability, part of Leadership Foundations.
As you can see from this course, being an effective leader takes a lot of…intentional focus, time and energy. You have to be constantly reading and…responding to the people and environment around you, and making good choices.…In order to be at your best, you must engage in a consistent practice of self…care. That is what Sustainability is all about,…keeping yourself in good shape so that you can meet and respond to the daily…challenges over the long haul. We all know about the idea of self-care,…but for many, it's the first thing to go out the door when things get busy or…stressful. But effective leaders know that the busy…and stressful times are when you should double down on self-care.…
This is the primary strategy of sustainability.…Keeping yourself physically and emotionally strong so that you not only…avoid burnout but can actually perform at your peak level.…None of the key practices will surprise you but I want to be sure that you see how…they are related to your leadership skills.…Number one, Exercise. Yeah, yeah, I know, we all know about…
- What is leadership, and when are you leading?
- Mapping your leadership competencies
- Dealing with changing scope and stakes
- Motivating and engaging others
- Increasing team performance
- Developing political acumen
- Creating a culture of trust and integrity
- Developing resilience<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.