Learn how to use questions to verbally follow-up with customers at the end of their transaction. With this knowledge, you can rectify anything that went wrong during their interaction and provide a remedy for any other issues.
- Did you know 44% of U.S. consumers…switched to a competitor following a…poor customer service experience?…And 82% of those who switched felt the company…could have done something to prevent it.…To avoid losing customers, it's important to follow…up with them after their transaction…while they're still in your store.…That way you can ensure your customers…always leave happy.…It also allows you to make them repeat customers…and have them refer others, which means your company…benefits and so can you.…
There are three simple questions that are essential…to following up before they walk out your door.…The first question you need to ask every customer…at the end of any transaction is,…Is there anything else I can do for you today?…Why?…For two reasons.…One, this question may remind your customer…of something else that they need or want from you.…This saves time for both of you, because now they can get…what they need in that moment.…And two, it shows your customer that you're there…to serve them, and this makes them feel cared for.…
In this course, learn techniques to deal with upset customers, and show empathy with active listening. Instructor and customer service expert David Brownlee—the author of Rock Star Customer Service—also provides etiquette tips to ensure quality service at every point of interaction: from the moment customers walk in the door to keeping them happy while they're on hold.
- Why it matters to deliver good service
- Creating a positive attitude
- Delivering a good first impression
- Dealing with upset customers
- How to listen
- Retail etiquette, including phone etiquette