In Recruiting you have daily interaction with hiring professionals. It’s impossible to know where to focus your attention, until you have identified the hiring authorities’ problems or challenges. Learn seven strategies you can implement, that will help you position yourself as a solution to their problems.
- Throughout your entire career as a recruiter,…you're going to interact with…many different hiring professionals,…but it's impossible to know where to focus your efforts…and where you need to work the hardest…until you've identified the problems…and the issues and the challenges…that each specific hiring authority is facing…as a result of the position that's opened.…And see, there can be different problems…with each requisition.…And the reason is sometimes there are just…a disconnect between hiring authorities,…or maybe there's a disconnect between a certain department.…
And that's why there is a step I would love…for you to implement as part of your recruiting process,…and that's get everybody in the interview in process…to sign-off on every requisition that you write.…There is something magical that happens…when a person reads the specs that you've given…and all of a sudden now they realize that,…"Wait a minute. That's not what I meant to say."…And this assures that you're hearing…what the hiring authorities are saying to you.…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Develop the right attitude and expectations for recruiting.
- Use different recruiting methods, including websites and social media.
- Differentiate yourself to employers by positioning your services as a solution.
- Identify a company's hiring needs.
- Determine how to attract top talent.
- Build rapport and trust with candidates.
- Identify the right metrics to track your success.