Join Whitney Johnson for an in-depth discussion in this video Playing to your distinctive strengths, part of Entrepreneurship Foundations (2014).
- The most successful entrepreneurs play…to their distinctive strengths…or what they do uniquely well.…The trouble with distinctive strengths is that…they're easy to overlook because…you do them reflexively well.…As Malcolm Forbes said,…"We tend to undervalue what we are…"and overvalue what we aren't."…Here then are a few clues for…tapping into your strengths.…The first is to ask what makes you feel strong.…Marcus Buckingham, author of…Now Discover Your Strengths, frames it well.…
"Our strengths clamor for our attention…"in the most basic way; using them makes…"you feel strong, you feel invigorated,…"inquisitive, successful."…Erin Newkirk, the founder of Red Stamp,…for example, has built a business on what…makes her feel strong, sending notes…and cards to loved ones.…A couple of other clues to your unique abilities.…What do you think about when there's nothing…you have to think about and when are…you exasperated?…The frustration of genius is in believing…if it's easy for you, it must be easy for everyone else.…
The second question is what do others…
- Cite the steps that can help you find an unmet need.
- Differentiate between a business and a hobby.
- Recognize how to decide between an online business and a brick and mortar business.
- Describe how to protect your intellectual property.
- Explain the best practices for hiring the right people.
- Recall the importance of tapping into networks of expertise.
- Cite the best practices for building a business website.
- Summarize the best metrics to use for your online business.
Skill Level Intermediate
Management Foundations (2013)with Britt Andreatta2h 9m Intermediate
1. Finding Your Big Idea
2. Starting Your Business
3. Building a Team
4. Marketing Your Business
5. Scaling Your Business
6. Funding Growth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.