Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Planning IT testing deliverables, part of Project Management Foundations: Quality.
- I have one very important tool…I use all the time to keep organized,…my To-Do List.…With owning a business,…and serving as a consulting Program Manager,…I would be totally lost if I did not write down the things…I need to do to keep it all running smoothly.…If you go through your software testing processes…and don't write down what you're testing,…what the results were, and the conditions of the test,…you're running around without your To-Do List…for your software quality efforts.…
So, it's very important to record the approaches…and results of all of your testing efforts.…By recording this information,…you can demonstrate…how the application has been tested,…and indicate when stability has been achieved.…To keep your To-Do List organized…and document your testing efforts appropriately,…let's examine these concepts.…A test scenario, a test case, and a test script.…A test scenario is a description…of a situation to be tested,…often with multiple test cases.…
A test case contains…specific data values for a scenario,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is project quality?
- Using Pareto analysis and Lean Six Sigma
- Balancing quality, project workload, and customer needs
- Addressing quality issues
- Planning IT tests
- Testing deliverables<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.