The member will learn how to plan for data collection for the Measure phase
- Let's assume you decide to get on a health…and fitness program.…What is the first thing you do?…Well, you'll probably want to know what is…your current weight, how much you need to reduce…to get your desired target weight,…and what is your current level of activity,…are you in good health, and so on.…These are very good questions to ask as you plan…to collect data in order to measure where things…stand today and to measure progress.…Similarly, that's what you need to do…in a Six Sigma project.…
In this movie, I will discuss how to plan…for data collection during the measure phase…of a Six Sigma project.…Why plan for data collection?…Collecting data is not free or cheap.…Collecting data requires time, effort, and resources…being tied up.…All too often, project teams who do not plan…for data collection spend too much time during…the measure phase going in circles,…hunting for data, collecting data, and measuring…everything in sight.…Perhaps it would be useful to ask a basic…question regarding its purpose.…
Why do we collect data?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.