Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Pitfalls of kanban, part of Stay Lean with Kanban.
- Kanban is a great way for teams to optimize their work.…You can visualize your work items…and optimize the flow of work across the board.…Then you can see ways to improve the work…and deliver greater value.…Still, there are two big challenges with kanban.…The first is that kanban in itself…is not a great change management platform.…The second is that kanban is often…not a very fun way to work.…Enterprise agile is a large organizational change.…
You need to change your culture…and add new roles and processes.…Kanban doesn't give you the tools you need…to make big changes.…Instead, it focuses on improving your current process.…That might not be a bad thing.…After all, lean manufacturing depended heavily…on the Japanese concept called kaizen,…which is typically translated as continuous improvement.…That leaves much of the improvement…in the hands of the team.…Think of it this way.…I once worked for an organization…that was having trouble keeping people on their kanban team.…
Unfortunately, every time one of the managers had challenge,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Lean principles
- Kanban and set capacities
- Five properties of kanban
- Starting enterprise lean
- Creating a value stream map
- Visualizing product flow
- Using a cumulative flow diagram (CFD)
- Setting up and working off of a kanban board
- Pitfalls of Kanban