Join Whitney Johnson for an in-depth discussion in this video Pitching investors, part of Entrepreneurship Foundations.
- If you decide that your business requires equity financing…you will need equity investors,…whether friends, family, angels, or venture capitalists.…Here're some tips for how to make that happen.…First, prepare an elevator pitch that you can deliver…in under a minute to anyone you meet.…You never know who may have interest…in financing your business.…If you can explain what problem you solved,…why you were the one to solve it,…and why this will make money…for investors in less than a minute,…even a chance meeting can turn into a pitch.…
An easy to understand and share elevator pitch…is a great way to leverage your whole network…and generate buzz for your business.…You'll also want to be able to explain…what you do in writing in no more than a paragraph or two.…More and more introductions are made via email.…If you're looking for a warm introduction,…you want to make it as easy as possible…for the intermediary to tell your story.…For more on what makes a memorable story,…refer to the Tell Your Story video…I covered earlier in the course.…
- Finding your idea/problem to solve
- Finding your first customer
- Writing a business plan
- Deciding on a legal structure
- Building a team of employees and advisors
- Marketing your business
- Building a website
- Minding cash
- Managing stress
- Funding growth
- Balancing entrepreneurship and life
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Management Foundations (2013)with Britt Andreatta2h 9m Appropriate for all
1. Finding Your Big Idea
2. Starting Your Business
3. Building a Team
4. Marketing Your Business
5. Scaling Your Business
6. Funding Growth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.