Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Persuasive outline, part of Business Writing Strategies.
- Another category of messages…that we have to write is Persuasive Messages.…There are certainly times that we need to…try and convince our audience to say yes to our request,…whether for time or for or for money.…Of course sales letters are in this category,…but we're going to examine persuasive requests…that you might have to write to employees…at all levels of your company, or to clients,…rather than the unsolicited junk mail sales letter.…The marketing strategy guidelines to the AIDA Approach -…Attention, Interest, Desire and Action…can be adapted to the persuasive request message template.…
American advertising and sales pioneer Elias St. Elmo Lewis…is credited for developing the AIDA model…in the early 1900s, it's a technique which is used to guide…marketers to target a specific audience effectively.…Even though its been tweaked over time,…its basic premise is still valid.…Here is what Lewis said about his AIDA approach:…"The mission of an advertisement is to attract a reader,…so that he will look at the advertisement…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Deciding when to begin or delay the message
- Presenting information
- Getting support for ideas
- Understanding the audience
- Communicating internally and externally
- Choosing the appropriate language and tone
- Using business writing outlines and templates
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Deciding the Strategy
2. Analyzing the Situations
3. Analyzing the Audience
Understanding audience needs3m 34s
4. Determining the Correct Written Channel
5. Strategy Specifics
6. Choosing the Language
7. Strategy Outlines
8. Templates for Common Writing Strategies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.