Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Periodic and special reports, part of Writing Business Reports.
- Periodic and Special Reports.…The names of these types of reports…clearly identify when they are prepared.…Periodic, on some regular time frame:…daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually,…for that specific time period.…It's even sometimes referred to as recurring report.…Or Special,…for that one specific situation or incident.…The need for this particular report…has never arisen in the past…and may never happen again.…
As with all the report categories,…the same report writing principles and guidelines appear.…But let's take a general look at these…two specific report writing situations.…The Periodic Reports usually have…a standard format, a template,…that has been developed to meet the needs…and requirements of that particular department or company.…Microsoft Word has templates for the…weekly status report and the project status reports.…This standardization makes it easy…for both the report writer and the report reader.…
The writer knows exactly what to include where.…The reader knows exactly what to expect,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Examining types of reports: formal to informal
- Writing the cover or title page
- Writing an introduction and body copy
- Writing a strong ending
- Doing research
- Writing outlines
- Revising and proofreading<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Writing Recommendationswith Judy Steiner-Williams10m 57s Intermediate
1. Examining Types of Business Reports
2. Exploring the Parts of a Report
3. Preparing to Write
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.