Teams are highly productive in the performing stage of team development. Learn more about team recognition and how reflection activities can be used to keep the team functioning at a high level.
- Performing is all about high level implementation…as the team works towards being the best it can be.…A performing team is characterized…by noticeable harmony among the members,…high levels of productivity,…effective conflict management,…appropriate pivoting, and maximum development of potential,…both of the group and the individuals in the group.…If the stages were factors in an equation,…then a plus b plus c would equal d,…with d being the performing stage.…
The team now resolves its own challenges,…because it treats mistakes and miscalculations…as opportunities for creative problem solving…rather than as a cause for blame and discord.…You see this concept at work…with sports teams that are struggling…and they decide to hold closed-door meetings.…It's a powerful way to clear the air…and have everyone put their cards on the table, so to speak.…The ultimate goal of the meeting is…to assess and correct the situation and turn it around.…
Many groups never reach the performing stage.…So, don't take reaching this stage for granted.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying your leadership style
- Assessing your leadership readiness
- Understanding the stages of team development
- Working with different types of teams
- Establishing team mission and goals
- Evaluating team performance
- Managing a successful team meeting
- Creating a team action plan