- Implementing a performance-based hiring strategy
- Creating the candidate experience
- Preparing job descriptions that define outstanding performance
- Structuring the interview to obtain the best information
- Determining job and culture fit
- Ranking and comparing candidates
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- I've been in the hiring game for over 40 years, and in those 40 years, I discovered there are two distinct employment markets. One's about 15% in size, the other, 85% in size. Most companies play in the 15%, offering people lateral transfers. In the 85%, you have to offer people true career moves, and in my mind, a true career move has to offer the candidate a 30% non-monetary increase. That's the combination of job stretch, an increase in job satisfaction, and an increase in job growth.
If you get those three things right, compensation will take care of itself. In this course, I'll be discussing performance-based hiring, and I discovered it takes four things every single time to hire a great person. The first one, if you want to hire a great person, you have to offer a great job. Number two, great people don't look for work the way average people look for work, so you gotta find out how good people look for work, and do that every single time. Equally as important, is you've gotta conduct a great, in-depth interview to find out if the candidate is both competent and motivated to do the work you want.
And finally, you have to close the deal by offering the person a true career move. If you do this right, you'll be on your way to hiring great people every time.