- Describe the “raising the talent bar” strategy for hiring the right people.
- Identify who is in the talent market.
- Summarize ways to eliminate barriers to entry.
- Explain how to create a candidate experience.
- Recall how to conduct the work history review.
- Identify the thinking and planning skills needed to find the right candidate.
- Explain how to accurately assess a candidate.
Skill Level Intermediate
- I've been in the hiring game for over 40 years, and in those 40 years, I discovered it takes four things every single time to hire a great person. The first one if you want to hire a great person, you have to offer a great job. Number two, great people don't look for work the way average people look for work, so you got to find out how good people look for work and do that every single time. Equally as important is you got to conduct a great, in-depth interview to find out if the candidate is both competent and motivated to do the work you want, and finally, you have to close the deal by offering the person a true career move.
In this course, I'll be discussing performance-based hiring. If you do this right, you'll be on your way to hiring great people every time.