We can bring mindfulness to our most challenging mental, emotional, and physical efforts for peak performance and fulfillment. I show you how to use the 4 steps that enable you to access that mindful state of “flow” for peak performance, used by world-class athletes, artists and executives alike.
- View Offline
- My friend Jim lives in Colorado Springs Colorado…where Pikes Peak, a majestic 14,000 foot mountain…towers over the city.…Jim and his wife have six children…and he has a neat ritual…when each child turns 10 years old.…They hike Pikes Peak together.…It's the same every time.…Most recently, with his daughter Amy.…They get to the trailhead about 6 AM, it's still dark,…and she's excited.…The first phase is a set of switchbacks,…a substantial incline.…Like her siblings before her,…as she and Jim reach the top of the switchbacks…an hour later, she's already intimidated.…
They have a long way to go.…The whole hike takes them about six hours,…includes over 13 miles, 21 kilometers, of hiking,…and a vertical rise of 8,000 feet, over 2400 meters.…Before they're halfway up,…Amy's convinced she can't make it.…She's struggling, she's scared.…But Jim is there to encourage her.…To help her appreciate the beauty of nature around her.…To say how proud he is…and how proud she'll be of herself…if she makes it just a little bit farther.…
UCLA professor and executive coach John Ullmen, PhD, explains the fundamentals of mindfulness and provides step-by-step methods that anyone can use. Every technique is confirmed by research and validated in practice to give you results for dealing with stress, anxiety, fear, worry, and self-doubt, and for increasing confidence, peak performance, and connection with others.
- The fundamentals of mindfulness and practicing mindful meditation
- Dealing with unwelcome experiences, such as stress, fear, and self-doubt
- Strengthening your connection with others
- Mindfulness for peak performance
- Practicing mindful leadership