Everyone works to get paid. In this video, learn how HRIS systems manage the payroll function, either through a payroll module or integration with a third-party payroll program.
- Most people I know work hard for their money.…The last thing you want to do is to mess up their paycheck.…Access to pay and benefit information is where most…HRIS programs began in terms of employee usage.…HRIS programs can tie directly into electronic time…and attendance and make sure you comply with federal,…state, and local wage and hour requirements.…They allow employees to better understand their paycheck,…benefits, and total compensation.…
HRIS programs simplify things by including easy to read…full color graphs and by using plain language…to describe taxes, deductions and take home pay.…Employees can make deduction and deposit changes…inside the HRIS the same program they use for PTO,…benefits, and coworker contact info.…One feature I like in some of the HRIS is the ability…to show employees their total paycheck…which includes not only their pay…but also the healthcare, Social Security,…Medicare, work comp, and other benefits.…
Many states like California have specific requirements…for issuing electronic or printed checks.…
DISCLAIMER: This course addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. LinkedIn (including Lynda.com) and the instructor are not giving legal advice. Neither Linkedin (including Lynda.com) nor the instructor represent you. The information conveyed through this course is similar to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. The views and legal interpretations presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Using dashboards
- Recruiting and hiring
- Managing the onboarding process
- Payroll integration
- Managing employee leave and time off
- Using HRIS systems to support performance management
- Working with learning management systems
- Reporting and compliance