Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Partnering for short-term and long-term success, part of Performance Review Foundations.
…In decades past, it was not uncommon to execute…the goal setting process in a very simple top-down manner.…People above you in the hierarchy simply dictated goals to you.…Certainly there were benefits to this approach, such as…great clarity about lines of authority and good efficiency.…However, over time, a better approach has emerged.…In most organizations, slowly but surely over the last 30 years, there's been…a shift away from dictating goals and towards partnering…and collaborating to create goals across levels of the organization.…
This shift is being driven by several factors.…The first is a rising respect for the average employee.…In general, the world of business has begun…to realize, thanks to common sense and good…research, that the companies who truly value their…employees the most, typically win in the marketplace.…The second factor is an emerging sense of equality within leadership structures.…Certainly, people are still aware of status differences.…Nonetheless, there's an increasing sense of we…
- Describe why performance reviews are important.
- Explain why a manager might use informal feedback.
- Recognize when it’s important to have a witness present during an evaluation.
- Cite the benefits of performance improvement plans.
- Identify the primary goal of managing performance throughout the year.
- Describe when it’s time to discuss possible role changes for an employee.
- Explain the 360 review process.
- Cite ways to set expectations for a performance review meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Employee Performance Problems (2013)with Todd Dewett1h 53m Intermediate
1. Overview of Performance Management
2. Setting Goals with Employees
3. Gathering Feedback on Performance
4. Writing the Review
5. Delivering the Review
6. Taking Next Steps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.