Learn about building an HRBP global team and about operating across different geographies.
- In the midst of your demanding day to day,…let's spend some time talking about…how an HR business partner actually gets things done…for their client group.…In large companies, the HR business partner…is somewhat like a general contractor…when it comes to developing solutions.…You need to have a handle on the overall project,…but also know when to call in the specialists.…Let's walk through an example.…Let's say you meet with your client…and they want to consider moving an employee…from New York to London.…After understanding the business need,…the HR business partner needs to get the wheels moving…to develop a solution.…
So to be a good HR partner,…you'd want to do all the leg work…by getting in touch with your internal partners…across areas like employment law, tax, payroll,…immigration, compensation and benefits, and the list goes on…so that you can make a recommendation to your client.…You should cast as wide a net as possible…by consulting with any internal partner…you think might have something to add.…Now, they may not have an opinion,…
Instructor Michael McLernon discusses the function of HR within an organization, and the skills needed to be successful as an HR business partner, regardless of company size or structure. In addition, he goes over the primary role of an HR business partner, highlighting specific areas where this role can add value to a business. Michael also covers how to engage with leaders, managers, and employees on key talent initiatives such as organization design, performance management, and employee engagement. Finally, he shows how to assess the impact of your efforts, and modify your approach as your organization—or the scope of your role—changes.
- Serving your clients
- Establishing credibility and trust
- Areas of focus for an HR business partner
- Facilitating organizational change
- Supporting talent decision processes
- Training and empowering managers
- Scaling and assessing your efforts
- Partnering internally
- Measuring your impact
- Tailoring your approach