Learn about the process of performance management in this video tutorial about HR fundamentals. HR consultant and trainer Catherine Mattice explains how to set expectations and reward performance. She covers training, coaching and providing employees with feedback. to working with supervisors to coach poor performance. In addition, learn more about performance improvement plans (PIP) and discipline techniques.
- The better your people perform,…the better your organization performs,…and as the HR Representative in your company,…one of your jobs is to help people achieve their best.…The phrase performance management…includes any tool, document, process,…action item, or event related to guiding the behavior…and performance of your employees.…That means job descriptions, feedback, rewards, discipline,…training, annual performance evaluations, and more…all count as performance management,…so let's take a look at the basic workflow.…
Check out the Exercise Files for this course…and print out the resources I'll be…discussing throughout this video.…The first step in performance management…is to set clear expectations.…HR's role is to provide assistance and resources…to anyone who has subordinates so that they can, in turn,…set expectations with their employees,…and I'll share a secret with you,…just because someone is a manager,…it doesn't mean they're good at assertively stating…exactly what they need from their employees.…
HR consultant Catherine Mattice outlines some of the considerations of the human resources professional, such as balancing the needs of employees with the interests of the organization. She reveals how to conduct an HR audit to identify HR practices that need improvement. She then outlines core HR responsibilities: staffing, training, documentation, compensation and benefits, performance reviews, job descriptions, compliance with state and federal regulations, and more.
- Explain the role of administrative HR.
- Describe how to build trust with employees.
- Summarize how to conduct an HR audit.
- Cite the best practices for personnel files and recordkeeping.
- Identify the important tasks involved in writing a job description.
- Recognize the fundamental components of a high-quality onboarding experience.
- Identify effective and ineffective ways to discipline an employee.
- Cite the key reasons for conducting an exit interview.