Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video Overcome the top five client objections, part of Strategies for External Recruiters.
- When I first entered this profession,…I remembered wondering and worrying consistently…about how I could compete with experienced recruiters,…I was sure they had all the answers,…I was sure that I was not going to be very effective,…and I always worried about,…what were the clients going to say to me,…you know, were they going to say things…that were going to force me to hang up the phone.…Because I didn't have the answers,…I wanted to make perfect phone calls,…and then I finally realized later in my career,…it's not about perfect phone calls,…it's about getting out there,…showing your personality,…having fun with the calls,…and realizing that all you had to do…was master overcoming objections,…because I learned throughout my career…that when somebody was giving me an objection,…they wanted more information formation,…they were basically giving me an objection…to see how much I believe in what I was selling them,…you know, the services and the candidates…that I represented,…they wanted to know that I truly believed…
As a recruiter, having a great relationship with your clients is critical for your financial success. Barbara explains how to build a profitable client base, differentiate yourself from your competition, and how to effectively market candidates to your clients.
To be successful with any client, you also need to build your talent network—and know where to find talent, how to screen and interview candidates, and how to overcome objections from candidates or clients. Lastly, Barbara outlines best practices for a lifetime of success in recruiting.
- Finding career opportunities in recruiting
- Dealing with clients, candidates, and competitors
- Building a profitable client base
- Differentiating yourself from other recruiters
- Attracting candidates through referrals and networking
- Overcoming objections from clients and candidates
- Recruiting temporary and contract workers