Recruiting is a sales profession which guarantees in house recruiters will receive objections from hiring authorities as well as the candidates you represent. You will learn how to differentiate the four types of objections and how to effectively overcome them.
- Many recruiters when they get objections,…they view them as a barrier to success.…In fact, hiring authorities have shared with me…over and over again that they know…the two or three objections to give to recruiters…to just get them to hang up.…And so, you've got to understand…that when they're giving you an objection…they really want to know how much you believe…in what you're doing.…An objection is a buying sign;…it's a request for more information.…And as a recruiter, you have to understand something.…You can't just be good at overcoming objections.…This is a skill set that you must become great at…because overcoming objections is really critical…to your success.…
What I want to do is give you some ideas today…that you can easily implement…that basically are going to have you welcome objections…versus dread them.…Now, in order to overcome objections effectively,…it makes it much easier when you realize…there are only four kinds of objections.…And those are service, postponement, price and personal.…And what I want to do now is I want to give you examples…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Develop the right attitude and expectations for recruiting.
- Use different recruiting methods, including websites and social media.
- Differentiate yourself to employers by positioning your services as a solution.
- Identify a company's hiring needs.
- Determine how to attract top talent.
- Build rapport and trust with candidates.
- Identify the right metrics to track your success.