Join Arianna Huffington for an in-depth discussion in this video Outro, part of Thriving @ Work: Leveraging the Connection between Well-Being and Productivity.
- So we have many microsteps to help break this addiction. And let me just give you three, that are actually three of my favorites. The first is pick a time before you going to turn off the lights when you turn off your phone and gently escort it out of your bedroom. You've got to sleep apart from your phone. And reconnect in the morning I promise you it will still be there. The second microstep is when you wake up take at least one minute before you go to your phone to set your intention for the day.
To remember what you are grateful for. To actually set your own agenda instead of going straight to your phone which contains the world's agenda, what the world wants from you. And the third thing is look at your home screen. Do you need all these notifications? I personally have no notifications on my home screen except from real human beings. And that way I can control a lot of the distractions that our phone is responsible for.
And now that you have all this new awareness please turn into action and I would love to hear from you. I would love to know how your Thrive journey is going. Write to me and would love to share your story so others can learn from you too.
- The importance of well-being
- Bringing your whole self to work
- Knowing your boundaries and limitations
- Investing in your relationships
- Working towards your strengths
- Knowing when to say no
- Holding yourself accountable to change