Join John Romero for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing contracts and paperwork, part of Start Your Own Game Company with John Romero.
- Contract signing,…you know, there are services online that will handle…contract signing processes.…It's cool to use those things.…They provide a digital signature.…What I usually prefer to use is…like signatures into a PDF.…Since I use a Mac, I use Preview for that all the time…because Preview will let you…actually take your own signature…and basically put it into any kind of PDF document.…
So that's what I usually do.…Sometimes I'll take Word docs,…lawyers love Word…and so you'll get docs from lawyers,…contracts will be in this format.…And sometimes you can,…if you want, you can generate a PDF from that doc…and then sign the PDF…or you can actually copy your signature into the PDF…with a PNG version of your signature.…I just find it's easier to sign PDFs…and that's kind of like the doc itself is clean…and the PDF is kind of the signed version of it.…
So after getting that signed in a PDF program,…that'll let you actually put a signature into it…or those sign up...…the "sign me now" type stuff.…What I do is I usually have a directory of…
For a different perspective on breaking into the game industry, check out the interview with John's wife and creative partner, Brenda Romero, in our Insights with a Game Designer course.
- Creating a business plan for a game design company
- Registering a business
- Understanding the costs of running a game company
- Getting funding from publishers and investors
- Keeping a game company going and growing
- Handling payroll and HR
- Hiring game development contractors
- Developing original intellectual property (IP)
Skill Level Beginner
Animation Foundations: Fundamentalswith George Maestri42m 28s Beginner
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Company Formation
2. Funding and Costs
4. Contracts and Legal Paperwork
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.