- How organization design relates to strategy and talent
- Using the star model
- Mapping strategic priorities
- Setting the design criteria
- Assessing organization gaps and strengths
- Drawing organization models
- Setting up the matrix for success
- Clarifying decision rights
- Matching talent to organization
Skill Level Advanced
Every company needs a good strategy, and you certainly need smart, hard working people with the right skills. But here's a secret. The key to strategy execution and creating a company that attracts great talent is organization design. I'm Amy Kates from Kates Kesler Organization Consulting. My partner, Greg Kesler, and I and our team work with growing successful companies and non-profit organizations around the world. We help leaders from start-ups to the fortune 500 design efficient and effective organizations that are engaging places to work.
In this course, I'm going to give you a practical approach to building a high-performing organization. I'll share the methods and tools that we have developed over the past 20 years, and use every day with our own clients. Whether you are a senior leader, a new manager, or an HR professional, you'll find this course will give you a firm foundation in organization design. Let's get started!