Join Anil Gupta for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing value chain architecture, part of Global Strategy.
- Making wise decisions about…which markets to enter.…and what sequence,…and how to adapt to local nuiances…is only one part of designing global strategy.…An equally important part, is to build the capabilities…that will allow the company to win on the global stage.…The starting point in doing so, is to insure that…the global architecture of your company's value chain…is as close to optimal, as may be feasible…given various practical constraints.…
How do you discover the most optimal architecture…for your company's value chain?…The key is to conduct this analysis…in a disaggregated manner.…That is, focus on individual activities in the value chain…and discover (or design) the best global architecture…for each activity separately.…This analysis should pay particular attention…to those activities which have a high-impact…on either customer value, or cost structure,…or both.…
Optimizing the global architecture of these…high-impact activities…is far more important than getting bogged down…in analyzing each and every activity…
This course is aimed at helping managers learn how to maximize the benefits while minimizing the costs and risks associated with global expansion. Anil K. Gupta, Michael Dingman Chair in Strategy and Globalization at The University of Maryland's Smith School, and one of the world's leading experts on global strategy, outlines the logic of global strategy and the questions you need to address in order to globalize your company's market presence and leverage global resources.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why go global?
- Prioritizing across the world's markets
- Designing entry strategies
- Frugal innovation
- Leveraging global resources
- Cultivating a global mindset