Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video Opportunities for external recruiters, part of Strategies for External Recruiters.
- When I'm speaking at various staffing…and recruiting conferences,…or conducting in-house training within a staffing…and recruiting firm,…I'm always amazed at the different titles within the firms.…A person could be doing the exact same job,…but have a totally different title from one staffing firm…to the next,…it's no different than human resource,…who used to be called personnel,…then became human resource,…and is now talent acquisition.…That's the same type of transition titles…in our profession are going through,…the good news is as these titles keep changing and growing…with the different segments of the profession…it opens opportunities for you.…
The better you understand the types of firms,…the easier it will be for you to determine…what type of job is best for you.…Now, let's start out with the boutique firm.…Most people don't realize that most staffing…and recruiting firms have seven employees or less,…they're usually owned by a sole owner…who is an entrepreneur,…and most of the positions in a small boutique firm,…
As a recruiter, having a great relationship with your clients is critical for your financial success. Barbara explains how to build a profitable client base, differentiate yourself from your competition, and how to effectively market candidates to your clients.
To be successful with any client, you also need to build your talent network—and know where to find talent, how to screen and interview candidates, and how to overcome objections from candidates or clients. Lastly, Barbara outlines best practices for a lifetime of success in recruiting.
- Finding career opportunities in recruiting
- Dealing with clients, candidates, and competitors
- Building a profitable client base
- Differentiating yourself from other recruiters
- Attracting candidates through referrals and networking
- Overcoming objections from clients and candidates
- Recruiting temporary and contract workers