Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Operations at your company, part of Operations Management Fundamentals.
- Operations is the management of the business processes…and systems that make products and services.…Operations is about making these processes and systems…both effective and efficient.…Basically, operations is about trying to make…more products and services of…high quality using fewer resources.…That means that no matter what you do at work,…a knowledge of operations can be helpful.…If you work for an electronics manufacturer,…what do you produce?…Probably digital devices, but you're also responsible…for packaging and shipping those goods quickly and safely.…
If you work in retail, what do you produce?…Retail experiences for your customer, stocked shelves,…a clean store, short and effective…cash register transactions, even processing returned items…is a service you provide to your customers.…At a restaurant, you produce appetizers, drinks, salads,…soups, and entrees, but you also produce a friendly…and convenient customer experience.…
Aren't you also responsible for…creating a clean and comfortable environment?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.