- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Intermediate
- How would you or your boss feel if you could find a way to make products better? If you could make them in less time, with fewer materials? What if you could effortlessly deliver your shipments on time, damage free? Or, how about if you could provide better service to your customer with less effort? Do you think your boss might be impressed? Operations is about getting more done in less time with less effort, and hopefully, using fewer resources. But also, by not compromising quality. This is why companies love people that understand and value operations. In this course, we'll explore the fundamentals of operations management. You'll see that no matter if you work in a factory, a warehouse, a retail store, or even a professional office setting, the lessons of operations management can be used to improve outcomes, efficiency, and also keep your company in an innovative mindset. So, welcome and let's start discovering ways to improve your company's operations.
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory Basics
3. Making Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines Basics
5. Quality Control Basics
6. Operations at the Office
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.