- What is operational excellence?
- Key concepts and tools
- Choosing the right methodology
- Implementation challenges
- Auditing for sustained excellence
Skill Level Intermediate
- Do you have quality, time, and cost issues in your organization? Are customers complaining? Are employees frustrated? Do you need things to be done better, faster, and cheaper? By addressing these questions, you've taken a great first step towards operational excellence. To be operationally excellent means everyone in your organization wants to, and is able to, be effective and efficient in delivering value in their daily work.
Hi, I'm Dr. Richard Chua. I'm an operational excellence trainer and consultant, certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, author and professor. Over the past 25 years, I have worked with CEOs and trained thousands of executives, managers, and project leaders in Fortune 500 and multinational companies. In this course, I will introduce you to the concepts, tools, and techniques for operational excellence. And I'll share implementation best practices and pitfalls to avoid.
I'll highlight importance of understanding the voice of the customer, roles of process stakeholders, evils of variation, quality at the source, and Lean principles. This course will introduce metrics and organizational alignment, process of value stream management, WorkOuts, Kaizen or Lean events, Six Sigma DMAIC, and design for Six Sigma.
I'll address how all of this translates to your management and control of daily work. By understanding operational excellence, you can do your part to improve not only your daily work but also your organization's processes, products, and services for competitive advantage.