Join Cindy Mayer for an in-depth discussion in this video Opening the interview, part of Hiring Your Team.
In this video we'll cover successfully opening a face to face interview with an applicant. …To make the day as productive as possible it's a good idea to have sent an agenda …to the interviewers and the applicant beforehand. …This will include the name of the applicant, the position title, start …times and locations of each interview, the name and title of each interviewer, …as well as information on other activities, such as a tour of the …facility or lunch. Now, let's look at what will happen once …you are in the room with the applicant. In opening the interview, you'll begin by …introducing yourself and greeting the applicants with a handshake and a smile.…
Remember, the applicant might be nervous. And part of your job is to put them at …ease and create a comfortable interview experience. …Once you've introduced yourself, offer the applicant something to drink such as …water or coffee. Next, describe for the applicant the …structure of your time together. This may include letting them know that …
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing your needs
- Screening resumes
- Choosing your interview setting
- Understanding the types of interview questions
- Following legal guidelines
- Understanding interview bias
- Conducting an effective interview
- Dealing with interview challenges
- Conducting background checks
- Determining the offer package
- Writing a compelling offer letter<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.