In this phase, idea collection and surfacing the best ideas are both hard. Learn how to get unstuck.
- In the creating ideas or ideation phase…of product innovation, it is challenging…to both generate a lot of ideas…and select those that have the potential…to create the highest value.…One opportunity to address these challenges…is to open the innovation process.…Open innovation has two facets.…One is the outside in, and encourages companies…to acquire external ideas and technologies…and bring them in to the organization.…The second is the inside out approach,…where internally developed innovation…that doesn't fit the company's business model…are allowed to go outside.…
Here, we'll focus on how to leverage the outside in aspect…of open innovation in this phase.…First, consider opening the idea-generation process…to allow individuals from around the world to participate…in the ideation phase.…An innovation contest is one solution.…It enables a company to identify a community of innovators,…to focus on a specific challenge,…and provide solutions that can be acted upon.…An accidental success story of opening…the idea generation process…
- What product innovation is and isn't
- Mapping your product innovation portfolio
- How business objectives set the stage for innovation
- Identifying the right problems
- Human-centered and data-centered innovation
- Exploring the ideation phase
- Effective testing and prototyping
- Launching and scaling
Skill Level Intermediate
Product Management: Building a Product Strategywith Teg Grenager1h 7m Intermediate
Product Management: Building a Product Roadmapwith Teg Grenager48m 30s Intermediate
1. Your Innovation Ecosystem
2. Preparation and Discovery Phase
3. Creating Ideas Phase
4. Testing and Prototyping Phase
5. Launching and Scaling Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.