Just because its intentional, doesn't mean it's not genuine. Discover the three elements of a great call opening, the difference between a good opening and a poor one, and the impact on the buyer.
- Let's talk about a bad call opening.…There are two kinds of opening…that are death to any sales call.…The first one and the most common one is…let me tell you about my product,…because what happens in that situation?…It's all a one way conversation.…You pitch the product, the customer says yes or no…and most likely, they're gonna say no…because you haven't uncovered anything about them,…so it sets you up for a very quick shutdown.…But then there's another kind of call opening…that's become a little more popular lately,…and that's when people open the call by saying things like…tell me about your business, I wanna understand your goals.…
Now, it sounds good in theory, but let me tell you…why it's horrible in practice.…The customer should not have to waste…their valuable time telling you things…that you could've found out on the Internet.…So from the scripted to the totally open,…neither of those really work.…So I wanna teach you a technique…that's engaging to the customers,…that has a little more structure to it…
In this course, Lisa outlines key techniques to find and leverage your "noble purpose" and connect with customers on a deeper level. Learn the three key elements of a great call opening, when and when not to use a pitch deck, and the secrets to creating a sales process that can flex with different customer types. Last, she provides advice to develop yourself professionally, such as how to talk to senior leaders and position yourself as a strategy partner instead of a pitchman, when and how to take your boss on a sales call, and how to network effectively. Use these tips to close bigger, close faster, and make your work more meaningful.
- Name three questions you should answer when crafting your noble purpose.
- Identify the first action you should take in a new sales job.
- Recall three pieces of information that should be included in a “win” email to the boss.
- Recognize the biggest challenge for salespeople.
- Determine what needs to be included in a pitch deck.
- List two reasons why a sales cycle may be longer than usual.