Join Cindy Mayer for an in-depth discussion in this video Onboarding and next steps, part of Hiring Your Team.
In this course, we've reviewed how to identify, select, and hire the right …person to fill your role. While these activities are critical to …the new hire's success on the job, I want to take a moment before we close the …course to talk about one of the key drivers of success. …Research has shown, that of all the activities companies undertake to fill a …position, the aspect that has the biggest impact on the new hires performance is …how the organization helps the new hire. Navigate early experiences or onboarding.…
Onboarding includes pre-hire activities as well as activities that occur after …the new hire has started. Pre-hire activities might include sending …a welcome kit from the organization. Perhaps a welcoming letter from the …hiring manager, and information on the company's vision, mission, and values. …On the new hire's first day, ensure they have a login to systems and their …workspace is ready for them. Many organizations also have an employee …orientation of some kind. Its also critical that you engage your …
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing your needs
- Screening resumes
- Choosing your interview setting
- Understanding the types of interview questions
- Following legal guidelines
- Understanding interview bias
- Conducting an effective interview
- Dealing with interview challenges
- Conducting background checks
- Determining the offer package
- Writing a compelling offer letter<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.