In the Recruiting Profession it’s not your answers, but your ability to ask the best questions, that could result in more hires. Learn creative questions you can ask in order to obtain thorough specs and identify priorities of your hiring authority to shorten the time it takes to fill requisitions.
- View Offline
- In the recruiting profession it's actually…the recruiter who learns to ask creative questions…that's going to succeed throughout their profession.…What you want to do is uncover the challenges,…the priorities and the problems of…both your clients and your candidates.…And then position yourself as the solution.…And you can't position yourself as the solution…if you sell too fast.…So as anxious as we are to get the CVs and resumes…from our candidates and get the requisitions…from our hiring authorities,…we have to take the time to take a deep breath,…stand back and uncover what's most important to the other…people first so we can properly position ourselves.…
There's three very important facts I want you to remember.…If you ask the best questions, it will result in more hires.…If you identify priorities, what you're going to do…is you're going to shorten the time…it takes to get an offer and a hire.…And lastly, if you ask creative questions,…what you have to do is really ask questions…that are going to uncover what exactly…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Having the right attitude and expectations
- Using different recruiting methods
- Positioning yourself as a solution to employers
- Anticipating hiring needs
- Attracting top talent
- Building rapport and trust
- Negotiating and closing
- Following up with a new hire
- Tracking your metrics