You can’t change careers because you would have to start over at the bottom, you’d have to take a pay cut, and you’ve been doing this for so long that you don’t know what else to do. There are so many obstacles in your path, but if making a career change was easy, then everyone would be working in a job they love. This video helps make it easy for you to face your fears and become confident in your decision.
- We are about to get really real for a minute…because you're about to begin a difficult exercise.…We're not always honest with ourselves,…so I'm going to help you out by listing the obstacles…you may not want to write down.…For our purposes, an obstacle's anything…that is preventing you…from making the career change you want…and if you resonate with any of these,…don't worry, keep going…because we're going to discuss potential solutions.…Unfortunately these are just a few…of the concerns I've heard…over the years from people like you…who have spent years putting themselves…and their careers on the back burner…but if you can no longer ignore the put in your stomach…every day as you head to a job you don't like,…you're going to have to do something about it.…
We tend to look externally or outside of ourselves…and blame others,…our children, our spouse, our boss…and our circumstances…but all of the barriers I listed…can be handled with a change in mindset…and with the support from those around you.…First, you have to believe you can do it.…
- Recognize what you can do to become ready to transition into a new career.
- Explain what you could do if you know what job you want but just aren’t sure you meet the qualifications to obtain it.
- Recall what it requires to get on the right path if you are sure you’re in the wrong career.
- Recognize how feedback can help you with your decision to change your career.
- Identify what internal networking at your current job has to do with making a career change and leaving that job.