So what's the point? That's the driving question of any consulting engagement. To start your consulting relationship on the right foot, you'll need to develop clear objectives and clear metrics of success. In this video, learn how to determine objectives with your buyer and ensure joint accountability using time-bound metrics.
- There's a classic story about a young man…who stopped at an intersection.…He asked an elderly man, "Where does this road take me?"…The old man asked, "Where do you wanna go?"…The young man replied, "I don't know,"…to which the old man said, "Well then take any road.…"What difference does it make?"…In other words, if you don't know where you wanna go,…then why bother at all?…That's why objectives in consulting are so important.…Clearly established objectives…make sure you and your client are on the same page…about what you want to accomplish.…
Now sometimes the objectives are clear from the get-go,…like when a client reaches out to you…because you're the subject matter expert,…and the client tells you their objectives.…Or a client might say something like,…"You helped us with our retail strategy a few years ago…"and I think we need a refresh."…The subject area is clear.…Now you need to clarify the objectives.…This takes a little digging.…Establishing clear objectives happens…through a conversation with your client…
- Learn how to position yourself to highlight your unique value
- Review methods for concluding a consulting engagement that highlight wins and set you up for future work
- Recall how to manage multiple clients, prioritize these relationships, and build your business all in a 40-hour work week
- Review how client relationships change through promotions, terminations, or other organizational changes
- Explore how to ask for referrals that grow your footprint inside large organizations