- Why do we take notes?…Usually, it's to refer back to the information,…but have you ever taken notes and never looked back at them?…You might have notebooks upon notebooks…of notes you've never bothered to refer back to.…Was this a wasted effort?…According to research, no.…This effort of taking notes was not a waste of time.…Researchers actually find that the very action…of taking a note strengthens…your memory of that information…even if you never bother to look at it again.…Now why is that?…It's because the action of taking notes…is a form of repetition.…
Now, if you happen to review your notes,…that's another form of repetition,…but it's important to realize that note taking…does improve your ability to remember information.…Some people already know this just naturally.…They know that if they write something down…they're more likely to remember it.…Let's talk about different ways of taking notes.…Let's say you're reading something,…and you really need to know it well…for work or for school.…If that's the case, it's very important…
- Memory principles that work
- Taking notes
- Using songs and rhyming techniques to remember details
- Building a "memory palace"
- Remembering names and passwords
- Memorizing long texts and speeches
Skill Level Beginner
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
1. Memory Principles
2. Memory Techniques
3. Using the Numeric Peg System
4. Situational Methods
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.