- Exploring the keys to active listening
- Focusing on the ideas
- Capturing an action plan
- Taking notes while reading
- Creating to-do lists, project plans, and meeting notes
Skill Level Beginner
- Welcome to Note-Taking for Business Professionals. I'm Paul Nowak, and I'll be your instructor for this course. I've been teaching note-taking skills to business professionals and students for over nine years, and I'm really looking forward to sharing these strategies with you. In this course, you're going to learn a variety of note-taking approaches for situations you may encounter. We'll talk about how to take notes during a meeting, and how to create action plans. You'll also learn techniques for brainstorming, so you can effectively get your ideas from your head onto the page and into action. Next, we'll discuss how you can effectively take notes while reading.
And toward the end of the course, you'll be provided with a variety of note-taking templates, so you can choose the one that's most effective for the situation at hand. Learning these note-taking strategies will help you save time, improve your memory, and also make you much more productive at work. So let's go ahead and get started.
1. Effective Note-Taking Strategies
2. Taking Note of What You Read
3. Bonus: Note-Taking XMind Templates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.