Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Critical Roles Consultants Play (and the Skills You Need to Fill Them).
- The world of consulting is vast.…From different types of consulting…to varying contract structures,…to a wide array of clients, there's always more to learn.…To continue your growth journey…in the world of consulting, I recommend two books.…The first is The Consultative Approach.…In it, you'll find additional perspectives…on the use of roles to refine your consulting approach.…Next, is Million Dollar Consulting:…The Professional's Guide to Growing a Practice,…where you'll find other perspectives on consulting delivery.…
Weiss also provides perspectives on pricing,…selling yourself, and ethics, amongst other great topics.…Further information and perspectives…can be gained by joining LinkedIn groups…focused on consulting.…There are a large number of specialized groups you can join…based on your industry, type of consulting,…and even relationship style.…The richest source for additional knowledge, however,…is from consultants themselves.…Listen to how they approach clients and share information.…
Watch for the roles they take on…
- Identify the critical requirements needed to become a successful consultant.
- Review the roles a consultant can fulfill to increase their success when dealing with clients.
- Recognize approaches for assessing your success level with a client before you've received a formal evaluation.
- Explore how to switch between consulting roles without confusing or aggravating your client.
- Review the change management conditions that must be in place to successfully deploy your consulting solutions.
- Identify the actions that maximize your chances for future work with a client.