In this video, see practical takeaways to apply in your own organization to assess current performance and identify areas where improvements can occur. Learn also about opportunities for discussions with leadership to gain commitment to implementing change.
- Portfolio management is an increasingly important…discipline for businesses today.…Connecting strategy with execution is becoming…the primary focus for project delivery.…And portfolio management is necessary…to ensure that happens consistently.…Portfolio management connects many different aspects…of project planning, delivery, and adjustment and provides…a single integrated approach that dramatically increases…the chances of success.…In this course, you've received the basic building blocks…of portfolio management and had a chance to think about…applying it in your own organization.…
Combined with an understanding of how project…and program management is conducted in your business…and how the project management office or PMO model works,…you'll be able to identify ways you can improve…your organization's business performance.…Sites like projectmanagement.com will provide you…with additional ideas on not just projects,…but also PMOs and portfolio management.…There are also many authors providing thought leadership…
- Identify how to connect the strategy with delivery in portfolio management.
- Explain the process of managing alignment.
- Define a portfolio lifecycle.
- Explore business casing and analysis in portfolio management.
- Examine capacity and capability planning in portfolio management.
- Break down selection and prioritization in portfolio management.
- Recognize the elements of managing change in portfolio management.