Get out there and practice with your clients, celebrate and replicate success, and learn from mistakes.
- I hope this course has helped you to understand…the role of an HR business partner…and how to support the success of your clients.…As an HR business partner I can guarantee you that…no two days will be alike and there will always be…new challenges and opportunities to help…your clients succeed.…At its core the key to success in the role…is finding ways to create, maintain, and strengthen…the level of partnership between…the human resources function and the business.…I can tell you from my own experience that…it's been a fun and rewarding challenge.…
I encourage you to get to know your client groups…and make sure that you're positioned as the go to resource…for key talent decisions.…So keep learning, seek advice from others…who have mastered the role, try new things,…and have fun.…
Instructor Michael McLernon discusses the function of HR within an organization, and the skills needed to be successful as an HR business partner, regardless of company size or structure. In addition, he goes over the primary role of an HR business partner, highlighting specific areas where this role can add value to a business. Michael also covers how to engage with leaders, managers, and employees on key talent initiatives such as organization design, performance management, and employee engagement. Finally, he shows how to assess the impact of your efforts, and modify your approach as your organization—or the scope of your role—changes.
- Serving your clients
- Establishing credibility and trust
- Areas of focus for an HR business partner
- Facilitating organizational change
- Supporting talent decision processes
- Training and empowering managers
- Scaling and assessing your efforts
- Partnering internally
- Measuring your impact
- Tailoring your approach