- Well done, you've made it through…my Managing Resources course.…We covered some pretty tricky concepts, didn't we?…And there are many areas where there isn't one right answer.…The best approach depends on how many projects you have,…how long they are, and how many people are in your team.…Should you plan top-down or bottom-up,…how much detail should you go down to,…and how much autonomy should you give your teams?…These are tricky areas, but at least you now know…what needs to be thought about and what…the pros and cons are for the options.…
So, I hope this course has given you…a deeper understanding of the subject…and plenty of practical ideas for how you could…do your resource planning and what to look out for.…And I hope you've now got a clearer picture…of how you're going to plan and obtain…and control the resources for your various projects…If you're already a project manager managing two…or three projects, then you are already…on your way to becoming a program manager…and you can start with just a small spreadsheet…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Planning from the bottom up vs. top down
- Resource planning
- Managing projects, resources, and time
- Getting the staff you need
- Self-organizing teams