To make your move into the consulting field, write your business plan, set up your business with appropriate registrations and licenses, get funding, and build your marketing presence. Once you've done so, move on to prospecting for clients and selling your first consulting engagement. The first engagement is the toughest to get but will generate momentum as a reference case and source of new business.
- As you launch your consulting firm,…here are a few next steps I'd suggest.…Write your business plan.…Document the services you're selling, who you're selling to,…and how you'll price your work.…Define how you'll deliver your services…and how you'll run your business operations.…Forecast your economic results.…Get a good sense for how much money it'll take…to get up and running and where you're going…to get that money from.…Be sure to be conservative in your estimates…so you don't have any unpleasant surprises.…
Set up your business with appropriate registrations,…licenses, and insurance.…Cover all these administrative tasks before…you start serving clients.…Secure funding to carry you through your initial…year of operations.…There are going to be challenging times.…Make sure you have enough cash to make it through.…Build your marketing presence and start selling.…Prospect for clients, then sell and deliver…your first consulting engagement.…The first engagement is the toughest to get,…but it's going to generate momentum and serve…
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.